Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Health Has Been Restored! Thank You Lord!

We were reading today about the Colonies in 1776. What life was like and how they lived. Two things stuck out to my children. Not that some people ate squirrel (remember my boys are true Coshoctonites) but that the colony of Pennsylvania actually paid people to shoot squirrel. Nathan thought he'd like to live back then.
The other thing was not so funny. Did you know (according to If you Were There in 1776 by Barbara Brenner) the New Englanders seemed to think that Virginians are frivolous. Virginians often found Pennsylvanians rough. And a great many people found New Yorkers vulgar. We spent a few minutes on that one!

Often, my husband calls me the little New York girl. So when my boys read this, they used it as a golden opportunity to tease me.
By the way this is Nathan with his first squirrel. I had gotten sick just a couple of days following this great kill. The boys felt like it was such a waist, but I was pulled between being thankful for not having to try squirrel and being thankful for my illness.
In EVERYTHING give thanks! - Rachael

1 comment:

Sarah Cook said...

WOW! Sorry you were so ill! I hadn't stopped by your blog for a few days... sounds like your numbers probably dropped... not mine... I haven't even kept any off! Mine actually went up since camp! AAAUGH!