Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Proverbs 31 Women


DAY AT THE AUCTION!



Seven women and our thirteen children made our way to the Mt. Hope auction.

We may not have considered a field and bought it, but we sure did our fair share of considering and buying produce. That bidding can be addicting. I felt like I was a stockbroker, waiting for just the right time to buy. Timing was important.

Oh, I can't forget my accidental bid. Without saying any names, (Megan) a dear woman from our church leaned over and asked me a yes or no question. I answered her with a smile and nodded my head up and down and then shifted my head slightly to the right making eye contact with the auctioneer. That's when I became the high bidder on some weird looking cut flowers.


Thank you Tammy and Ellen for driving and using your vehicles.


3 comments:

Sara said...

There is never a dull moment when these women get together I should know because I am one of them and I would not or could not ask for better friends as these. I had a great time with you Rachael. Love you lots, Sara

Pastor Roger and wife Rachael said...

You're an encouragement to me Sarah. A woman who loves her family but above all, her Lord. Love ya much - Rachael

queenofthefarm said...

I come from a an Amish background so I grew up with a lot of things that some of my church sisters did not, so I really enjoy introducing them to the finer things in life. Like going to a livestock auction where they auction off produce in the bottom part of the building.You can buy anything from baked goods to flowers.It's an awesome experience and we had a great day. Love ya guys!!!!!