Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Loved into brotherhood...


I get up in the mornings and often look at one of my father's last pictures taken. Almost on a daily basis I ask the Lord to please let my father know I love and miss him. I can truly say dad is another reason I long to go to Heaven.

When I think of what my dad is doing, my mind goes back to the past three camp meetings dad spent at Beulah Grove Camp. The people loved dad, even though he may not have fit in a "church crowd mold" they accepted him. They looked past his worn leatherd face, and loved him into brotherhood.

Eternity will tell who took the time to be used of the Lord, when they obeyed, and where. I just thank God for faithful, brothers and sisters in the Lord who ministered to my father. I truly believe God used camp meeting to start a work that I often feared would never take place.

One month before my dad slipped into eternity, God deepened dad's walk. Many people testified to the difference in him. Dads own words were, "I'm not the same Jesse Butzer I used to be. I'm a new man." Dad had never read II Corinthians 5:17. He was a living testimony of it.

He's home, and someday I'm going home to see my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and my earthly dad! Thank you Lord that no one or nothing can separate us from your amazing love!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I am reading this at work and crying. What an awesome testimony that God hears and cares!!!!